Year 2 Hedgehogs
Welcome to the home of the Hedgehogs 2022-23!
PE is on Wednesdays and Thursdays
Spellings are handed out on Fridays (for the following Friday)
Reading books need to be brought in daily and children should be reading most days
https://play.numbots.com is a great website for improving maths ability/speed
We use Purple Mash in computing but you can play along at home.
Timetable / Long Term Plan
Welcome to the home of Hedgehogs 2021-22!
Below you will find photos of what we have been up to since Christmas:
- Various science experiments including testing friction of materials using toy cars, bridge building and testing materials for water absorption
- Mental health week - planting seeds
- Purple Mash - digital art unit and other one-off tasks
- Hedgehogs sharing their love of reading
Below, you will see some photos of some of the exciting things that we have been up to, including:
- Using equipment in gymnastics to create sequences
- Various photos from inter-faith week - bracelet making, 5 pillars of Islam
- Sock puppets
- Creating seaside landscapes
- Vinegar rocket launching
- Animal hunt
- Christingle service
Welcome back to school and welcome to Hedgehog Class. Over the upcoming weeks and months, I’ll upload photos and interesting snippets of what the children in Year 2 get up to! Watch this space…
Key bits of info!
Christmas Jumper Day
Here is a little more information about what we have covered during the Autumn Term this year.
- Newspaper reports all about the Gunpowder Plot
- Nonsense Poetry
- Labels, lists and captions featuring 'Traction Man'
- Stories from the billabong - we wrote our own version of 'Why Frogs Can Only Croak'
- Stories from a familiar setting - 'The Tiger Who Came To Tea'
- Dear Teacher - letters about why we can't come into school
- Number & place value - tens and ones, the value of numbers
- Addition & subtraction - concrete resources, number lines and column method
- Multiplication and division - 2, 5, 10 times tables
- Who Guy Fawkes was and all about the Gunpowder Plot.
- What life was like in London in the 1600s.
- Firework safety.
- Firework art
- Animals in Australia
- Australian weather
- What it is like to live in Australia as opposed to the UK
- Aboriginal art
- Baby animals, healthy eating, exercise, keeping clean
- Everyday materials and their uses
- Friction experiment
- Absorption experiment
- Bridge building experiment
- Ball skills
- Valuing difference