Here is a little more information about what we have covered during the Autumn Term this year.
- Newspaper reports all about the Gunpowder Plot
- Nonsense Poetry
- Labels, lists and captions featuring 'Traction Man'
- Stories from the billabong - we wrote our own version of 'Why Frogs Can Only Croak'
- Stories from a familiar setting - 'The Tiger Who Came To Tea'
- Dear Teacher - letters about why we can't come into school
- Number & place value - tens and ones, the value of numbers
- Addition & subtraction - concrete resources, number lines and column method
- Multiplication and division - 2, 5, 10 times tables
- Who Guy Fawkes was and all about the Gunpowder Plot.
- What life was like in London in the 1600s.
- Firework safety.
- Firework art
- Animals in Australia
- Australian weather
- What it is like to live in Australia as opposed to the UK
- Aboriginal art
- Baby animals, healthy eating, exercise, keeping clean
- Everyday materials and their uses
- Friction experiment
- Absorption experiment
- Bridge building experiment
- Ball skills
- Valuing difference