Ofsted and Performance Data
Ofsted Inspection November 2017
Ofsted have graded our school as Good in all areas, improving upon our inspection two years ago.
We are delighted that the report highlights include:
- Good teaching across the school, including 'good leadership and teaching in the early years'.
- Pupils made strong progress in reading, writing and mathematics and the percentage of pupils who achieved at the expected standard in all three areas is above average.
- Good progress for all groups of pupils including children with SEN and disadvantaged pupils, with attainment above national average.
- The high quality of the Learning Support Assistant support was recognised in the report, stating that they 'are knowledgeable and demonstrate a clear insight into the needs of those in their care' and 'support learning well
We are particularly pleased that the inspection team picked up the caring ethos of our school, and the 'strong set of values' which underpin our work, commenting that 'pupils feel safe in school and say that bullying is rare. Behaviour is good'. 'Our rich and wide ranging curriculum, where pupils persevere, think and reflect' was also identified as a strength of the school.
The full report is available below.
Latest Attainment and Progress Results
Ofsted School Inspection Reports
SIAMS Inspection Reports
The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Acton as a Church of England school are outstanding.
- Excellent links with the church, the community and the Diocese are used to strengthen the school’s Christian ethos: these contribute very well to pupils’ strong spiritual development.
- Christian values are both explicit and implicit throughout the school and impact positively on pupils’ educational experience.
- The involvement of pupils in planning and leading worship with the creation of the Faith Council has significantly raised the profile of worship.
- The creative curriculum provides opportunities for all pupils to develop a greater spiritual awareness.